Gionee Steel 2 features, Specification and price: Recently many Gionee smartphones have been spotted in TENAA and some benchmarking websites, which confirms that this Chinese company has already decided their target for the year 2017. Now its turn for Gionee Steel 2 which is packed with budget specifications and is priced at $188. It is available in Black and Gold colours and runs on Android Marshmallow with Amigo UI 3.5 on the top.
Gionee Steel 2 decent performing hardware with a massive 4000mAh battery. It also comes with fingerprint sensors and metal body with brushed metallic texture finishing. It has a 5.0 inch IPS display with HD resolution. The phone has a MediaTek MT6737 SoC with 1.3GHz quad-core processor and Mali T720. It comes with 3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal storage with an option to expand it via microSD card up to 128GB.
Gionee Steel 2 is packed with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, fingerprint sensors and microUSB port. The camera section is just average, as it sports an 8MP primary camera and a 5MP front camera with basic functions. Overall, Gionee Steel 2 is a mid-range phone with bigger battery and average hardware.
- CPU: MediaTek MT6737 quad-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Mali-T720 MP2
- Operating System: Amigo 3.5 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Micro SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Gold, Black
- Battery: 4000 mAh battery
As far as availability of this device is concerned, as of now, it is only available in China and there’s no word on its availability in other markets. Talking about the price, the 16 GB variant is priced at ¥ 1299 (around $190/₹13,000).